The Peoples Climate Movement is excited to release our brand new set of organizing tools for community groups, organizations, faith groups, unions, and other activists. The Peoples Climate Movement “To Change Everything, It Takes Everyone” organizing toolkit is centered around local and state campaigns and the work of more than 20 local leaders working – and winning – at the intersection of climate, jobs, and justice.
You can use this toolkit to recruit new people to your campaigns and to educate your members about why they should engage in Earth Day, the Youth Strikes, and other upcoming mobilizations. The following materials can be used separately or as a complete package:
- The “To Change Everything, It Takes Everyone” video, which demonstrates the importance of building a broad based movement and can be used for workshops, trainings, facilitated conversations, and recruiting new people to your work.
- The Peoples Climate Movement: A Storybook, which profiles 17 local leaders working and organizing at the intersection of climate, jobs, and justice. These motivational stories show that action to address climate change at the local and state level is not just possible, it’s successful.
- The Peoples Climate Movement Discussion Guide, which can be used to build and facilitate a 60-90 minute workshop and/or organizing meeting to engage new people, your existing members, and others in a participatory session that connects climate change to the issues that impact their lives and outlines ways to move people into action.
- A Sample Agenda to use to facilitate conversations with the Discussion Guide
- Sample Social Media Sharing Guide
We hope that you’ll find the “To Change Everything, It Takes Everyone” organizing toolkit helpful. If you have questions about how to use the materials or if you have feedback, we would love to hear it so we can make improvements where possible. Finally, we want to thank the 40+ local and state climate, jobs, and justice leaders who contributed to this work, and Climate Action Campaign for their generous support.